Thursday, November 15, 2012

Version II

I made another aromatherapy pillow...this time in a totally different fabric pattern.


Because pagans can be country, too! LOL



I have a secret love of calico prints...so I figured why not use some!  I call it the shabby-wicca-chic look.  LOL

I stuffed it with lavender, so I doubt I will put a steaming cup of anything on it.  I think I'll use it mostly for when I'm sick (lavender is so soothing, and helps to open up my snoot, too), or tuck it in with the linens.



Using the depression era calico reproduction really looks different from the batiks, no?

There is some learning curve for machine quilting--I don't have a long arm (who can afford that?), and my mom's machine* doesn't have a stitch regulator on it. You can kinda tell that, if you look closely...some of the stitches are pretty big, and others teeny-tiny.  But since I really like making these, I'm digging the practice.  Eventually I'll have one good enough to share with friends.







* It lives!  The machine is fully recovered.  It ought to feel good as new with its new gears, and service.  But it is officially a DNR, now.  Unless she takes pity on it again....afterall, it HAS given her 15+years of faithfull service.  And I'm pretty sure it's older than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment