Sunday, December 2, 2012

Progress

I'm moving along with the mitts, now.  See?





I see on Ravelry, that there are socks made with this stitch pattern, too.  I really, really like this stitch pattern.  That's something I'd like to revisit...a little later.



Trying to capture the color of this yarn is really challenging...a pretty, light mint green.  It's Boud'Chou by Plassard...color 111...can't remember the lot, since the ball band isn't in front of me.  :P  It says it's superwash merino...though I doubt I'd ever put it in a machine.  The yarn seems a little frail, and doesn't take to tinking or frogging.  There are some stitches that are somewhat blurry as I dropped a stitch and when I picked them up, the yarn looked almost shredded. o.O  Though the yarn is soft, and has a nice bounce.  And as you can see, makes pretty cables and lace, thanks to it's 3 ply (I think) construction.

Though it will be a struggle to remain faithful to these, since Vintage Modern Knits arrived from the library today...



So many cute things to knit!  But I'm especially excited to knit this:



Bramble Beret by Courtney Kelley.  So, so pretty...and looks like fun to knit, too!  And yeah, I've already been swatching for this.  Shhhhh, don't tell the mitts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment