Monday, September 23, 2013

We

feasted and celebrated the Equinox at home this year.  I spent a fair bit of the day in the kitchen.  See?


Recipe found here.  Though I made some substitutions and adaptations based on ingredients and utensils.  

I used some canned milk in place of the cream, reserving some for painting the crusts.  That worked out rather nicely.  I didn't have a deep dish 9 inch pie pan/plate, but it did fit into a regular  9.5 inch glass dish just fine.  Since I couldn't find any leaf shaped cookie cutters near the house (!) and I didn't want to waste time or resources to drive all the way across town, I cut all the leaves by hand for the top.


Wow, it's so tasty and delicious! Some of the best flavors of Autumn together in one dish.  It paired nicely with the roasted pork, stuffed kabocha squash, mashed potatoes and challah.  Mmmmm...gotta go and have another piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment