Thursday, August 23, 2012

I'm still

Working through my crochet compulsion.  I really, really dig doing amigurumi.  I'd never cared a pin for crocheting before I first saw their supreme cuteness.  Then I knew I couldn't put off learning anymore.

My newest friend...I like making characters from animes nad games

You see, I thought I was pretty much complete being just a knitter and (sometimes) spinner.  But  I kept seeing these cute little creatures popping up on Ravelry when I'd do various searches for small things that could use up yarn-y odds and ends.


I like making up my own things, too!
Mmmm...berry goodness



Eventually, I gave in and said to my Mom, "Where's your crochet books?".  Boy, was she surprised! LOL  Usually she would get to witness me launching the hook across the room in frustration all the other times I'd tried to learn.  So I had given up, and just told people, "I don't crochet!"  But I had to try just one more time...the urge for cuteness was inescapable.  Then finally, finally! The light went on and I could do it!






Why yes, that is a crappy picture.  


So I made a scarf, just to get the hang of ch, sc, dc, sl st and the like.  And yet the cuteness called.  So then I answered.  I feel pretty confident in my hooking skills crochet skills, now.  Yay, for cuteness.  Yay, for カわいい。


Commissioned monkey...he turned out so cute, I almost kept him.  And I don't even like monkeys! LOL

Sometimes people ask me to make them an ami, which really makes me feel good. And now I am truly hooked (pun intended! LOL)...so now I'm feeding my obsession again.  Inspiration is everywhere, but lately I'm in the mood to do ami's from anime or video games...I recently made a Bob-omb (see last post) and I see that Wolfdreamer has a whole suite of Mario characters to crochet!  Fantastic!  Now, where did I put that green yarn?











































No comments:

Post a Comment