Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finished object!

If you came for the knitting content today, I do have some to share...


I finished the lilac cardigan late Sun night...I was so happy to give it to the recipient!  I think she really liked it!


Since it's acrylic, I didn't block it...



My gauge was just slightly off, but that seemed to be to my advantage some.   It's final measurements were 30 inches  around and 13 inches long.  Pattern's finished size (for 10-12 years) was 29  inches around by 13 1/2 inches long.  I knew I wasn't going to get row gauge, so I kind of bit my nails and hope it would be the right length, esp since the pattern uses a charted out  yoke.  I suppose I could have altered it (the chart), and stretched it out to make it the right length, but I am grateful I didn't have to.  I didn't see a whole lot of problems with the pattern, save the placement of the button holes.  Even in the photograph provided, they are not evilly spaced.  So I did frog out the 3rd and 4th stitches in the right side band and redid the button holes at a more even interval.


Color is very variable in these pics as the light was hard to work with...


And it was sooo much fun trying to take pics in 30 mph winds! LOL  Thanks to a patient Hubby who will hang onto flying dresses!



No comments:

Post a Comment