Saturday, March 17, 2012

I'm wearing orange...

So today is St Pat's day...I don't really celebrate it, as I am a pagan of Irish descent.  But I do like to make some of the foods of my heritage so I put together a little feast.


Beef  stew with stout and carrots, boxty, and soda bread.  The soda bread turned out wayyy better than any other recipe I tried.  I doubt that it's very traditional, but it is yummy.  I served dinner on our small collection of Blue Ridge Pottery, which is where a lot of celtic people settled here in the US...

On the knitting front, progress continues on the little lilac cardigan.  I had to frog and reknit, as when I put the sleeves on the needles, my joins were too loose to overlook.  


And check out this yarn barf!  I'm afraid I'll be spending as much time untangling as knitting from her on out. <sigh>




No comments:

Post a Comment