Friday, April 13, 2012

Pinned

Since I can't stick a fork in her, I'll put in plenty of pins instead...

all pinned out


I finished Willoughby late thursday night, only to discover that I had joined the edging wrong--I ssk instead of knitting together the live edge stitches--D'Oh!

So I picked it apart, and reknitted.  I just had to, it was bugging me. Really.

Then I washed it, as the yarn was old and I figured it might be dirty.

sorry for bad lighting...look at the dirty water!

Then a rinse with some Lavender essential oil, mostly for fragrance as the yarn specified that it was permanently moth-proofed.

Still sorry for bad lighting...

Then a quick spin in the washer to remove the excess water.  Having learned my lesson with delicate yarn, I turned down the speed of the rotation so I wouldn't full it.  And then I began to pin. And pin.  Did I mention that there was pinning?  

I used almost all the T pins I had...pic is really dark from the very grey skies

The first pic shows how I pinned the ends; I sewed a length of kitchen string through the stitches that join the edge to the stole body.  Then I pulled the string taut, and placed a few more pins to support it.  It ended up being about 13 inches x 75 inches.  Now I wait to release it  and see how much it relaxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment