Sunday, March 3, 2013

Aum



I guess the hat must be my new potato chip...I can't make just one! LOL


This hat, by Kody May Knits, in Beaverslide Dry Goods 3 Ply Fisherman's Weight.  Though I just now realized that what I put on my Ravelry page is not the right stuff.  This is a 90/10 put up of wool/mohair (repectively).  Though the yardage stated is the same.  The contrasting yarn is Cascade Yarns Pastaza in Summer Sky.


I had to learn how to do intarsia in the round...I had not ever done that before.  Stranded color work, yes, but not that.  I wasn't too bad, though, I really have to work on the wrap and turn thing more.  Normally, I do my wrap and turns for short-rowed socks very tightly, so there isn't a gap, but on the back of the hat, you can kinda tell that's how the technique is achieved.



I held the Pastaza doubled, as it seemed a little thin by comparison to the Fisherman Weight.  What a nightmare to weave in all those ends! Ugh!  I don't think I'll ever do that again.  LOL  It warped the fabric a little, and made the intarsia area rather stiff.  And no, I did not take a picture. Some things are best left un-shown.

My very sweet and patient husband was kind enough to model again for me...and I think these shots are a bit more about him, and not the hat:

OMG...look at that cute face! :)



Swoon!



No comments:

Post a Comment