Friday, March 22, 2013

I've

just posted my 100th completed project to Ravelry...Yay!




Legend of Zelda Fairies!

I used the Ideal Crochet Sphere pattern, and improvised some wings:

Terms used are American...

Lower Wing:

Row 1 : Chain 4, skip first chain, sc in each chain (*4 sts) ch 1 and turn.
       * I make another stitch right into the slip knot at the end of                the chain...see below pic for detail.


Row 2 : Sc 2 sts, dec, ch 1 and turn. (3 sts)

Row 3-4 : Sc 3, ch 1 and turn. (3 sts)

Row 5 : Sc in each st (3 sts), do not fasten off.  Chain 4 and turn.                This is where the upper wing begins.

Upper Wing:

Row 1: Skipping first chain, sc in each chain st (3 sts), ch 1 and turn.

Rows 2-4 : Sc in each st, ch 1 and turn. (3 sts)

Row 5 : Sc in first 2 sts, inc in last sts. Ch 1 and turn. (4 sts)

Rows 6-7 : Sc 4 sts. Ch 1 and turn. (4  sts)

Row 8 : Sl st in the first st, sc in next st, hdc in next st, and 2 hdc in            last st.  Fasten off, leaving a long enough tail to weave down              through wing and sew to ball, arranging wings around the second          to last round of sphere.  See below pic for detail.


I used Caron's Simply Soft in White for the wings.  And for Navi, I used some unknown acrylic in light blue from the stash, unknown pink for the life fairy, I Love this Yarn in #789-Pistache for the interest targeting fairy, Red Heart Super Saver Solids in Bright Yellow for Tatl, and I Love this Yarn in #294-Mixed Berry for Tael.





No comments:

Post a Comment