Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stamina...where did you go?

I can't imagine that a measly flu-like bug would leave me sooo worn out, but it has.

So instead of knitting and crocheting, I find myself being really intrigued by the tiny house movement...

Wow.  I thought I was the only freak that wasn't interested in owning a Mcmansion.  Having lived in some smaller spaces, I find it really isn't a hardship at all.  So much less to clean, and one really has to frequently assess how much (or little) clutter they can stand.


Isn't it lovely?

I've kind of taken a liking to this house plan here.  The Loring house is a similar façade, but I really prefer the staircase option provided by B-53.  A really nice, traditional look, no?


Would definitely like to add this to the book collection!

We did check out this great book from the library, which was reviewed here.  Too bad the book isn't in front of me now as I saw quite a few cute, adaptable plans.


We do have a super cute travel trailer that we've kinda been fixing up.  Sadly, it's begun to leak somewhere around this large window.  The previous owner confessed that it did leak around the sink, but that turned out to be a cracked "T" joint.  The Ponderer worked on the roof, but I swear the leak is somewhere in the wall or around the window itself.

Views of the dining/kitchen area.  You can see the place where the heater goes.

We've camped (dry) in it before and really, really like it.  We've yet to test the hot water heater, but everything else works pretty well, after replacing the wall heater.  We've not done a whole lot to it, save new coats of paint, and a really good cleaning.

The Ponderer reclining on the couch/bed area.

I did sew new curtains and cushion covers.  Then we tie-dyed them.  THAT was fun.  The mattress cushion was really rather interesting and yet infuriating to sew up.  I ended up just making a copy of the original cover, so I could make better usage of the yardage.   And my sanity.

The camper would definitely prove to be a challenge to live in full time.  I do love my crafty stuff, and would never be able to store all my supplies in a space that small.  I really love this space, but I also like a space that is better rooted to the ground.  Like on a foundation.  Tornadoes, doncha know.

So, when I can convince my stamina that it's in its best interest to hang out with me for a while, I'll have to see what I can further pare down.  And dream of teeny tiny houses.





No comments:

Post a Comment