Friday, September 28, 2012

OPQG Quilt show!

I went with a friend last weekend to the Ozark Piecemaker Quilt Guild's quilt show...



Not usually a fan of red, but I really like this one!



I think Kaffe Fassett would approve, non?



There were sooo many cute quilts!  But also a lot of duplicates...


I keep thinking of Rush songs, when I look at these!




There were at least 5 Bargello quilts in the same pattern as this one, only in different colors.  I'm not going to post all of them,
just the one in one of my favorite colors!












I bet these are like potato chips...




There were a few of these stack and whack hexagons...but I especially liked this monochrome one.




In general, there were a lot of hex quilts, from these, to paper pieced ones...







This one is so pretty, and amazing, since it's hand-pieced.  And so is the one below...



These raw-edge circle quilts were popular as well...I saw 3 different ones of those.  I love the quilting on this one!



Crows were a popular theme as it was Equinox weekend:




This one was my fave, though...perhaps for the entire show.




















Tiny quilts made quite an impression this time...neither of these little gems was bigger than 13"!

I cannot imagine even trying to do one of these!

These are soo cute!  And tiny--1/2 inch yo-yo's!





























And finally!  Some appliqué to drool over! LOL


Is there anything cuter than tiny appliquéed berries?  How about some botanicals?



I took so many pictures that the camera's battery could not keep up...so no pics of the vending area downstairs.  I must say that there were as many well done quilts down there as there were upstairs.  Some even better, IMO.

We scored a cute little favor from one booth, though...


These will go great with the other vintage (and not so vintage) buttons in my collection...

Road trip?

And last but not least.....Bras!  That's right, bras....



All in all, it was a fun day looking at quilts, and dreaming about making one of my own!




No comments:

Post a Comment