Friday, January 25, 2013

Lately...

I've been in a mood to doodle a bit...

It's been close to two decades since I've done much in the way of drawing.  Too many things compete for my attention, I guess. :)  Barbara Sher has a term  for that...Scanners.  Who knew?  I figured I was the only freak who couldn't choose.  LOL.  Sometimes, well a lot of times, I just want to Do All The Things.  And end up doing None Of The Things.  But that's a post for another day...

It's more fun to look at doodles!

Yesterday's:

Graphite on card stock...actually #2 pencil on notecard back

Today's:

Graphite on card stock...more #2 pencil and the other half of the note card back


I worked both of these little doodles while waiting for dinner to cook on their respective days.  They make nice memories of afternoons spent outdoors watching Nature.  Another thing I intend to do more of this year.


Since I've been away from sketching for so long, I've been working from pictures.  I find that the visualization is there...but I have to train my hand to my eye, again.  Next step is learning to paint!




No comments:

Post a Comment