Sunday, January 13, 2013

Well...

 Here's the first FO of 2013:



This pattern by Lucy Ravenscar...in Red Heart Super Saver acrylic in Cherry.



I pretty much followed the pattern through, except for the spines.  I added at least one more chain, and when the pattern says to skip a chain, I skipped two.  That way, the spines were a little more pointy.


He turned out to be longer than what the pattern estimated--he's about 16 inches long, uncurled.  The pattern estimates a finished length of 12 inches.  I do like that he has a really long tail. :)


I used a light yellow-green embroidery floss for his eyes, rimmed with dull, olive green floss.   Black pupils, and cream colored floss for claws.  DMC cotton mouliné, not sure about color numbers.



I'm thinking that I'll have to make one for myself in another color...hmmm  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment