Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Quickie crochet project






I've been collecting crystals some, again, and wanted a little pouch to carry them around with me.
So I went into my sock yarn remnant box and found some of this Trekking XXL I had left.





Essentially, crochet 6 sc sts in magic ring, and increase incrementally to 42 sts total, and sc in rounds to desired length for placing eyelets…then sc 4,(chain two, skip 1 sc, sc 4)until last sts remain…it didn’t work out quite perfectly as I recall…then, sc around until final length. I finished with crab stitch (backwards sc). Then, sc chain to desired length and thread through eyelets.  I finished mine attaching the end of the cord with a sc and sl and tied off and wove in the ends.  The other end I just tied into 2 overhand knots, one on top of the other.
Easy peasy.  And surprisingly roomy.  The pouch measures right around 2 inches long, and about 1.5 inches across, filled.


Close up of the closure

No comments:

Post a Comment