Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bienvenue

sur ma petite cuisine.  Voici ma brioche.  Mmmmmm...brioche.


I've so been looking for an excuse to make these.  What better excuse than for an AD&D game night?

I was pretty focussed on my baking and didn't pause to take many pictures...though I did find myself murmuring in *my dismal French as I mixed and rested and rolled and turned my way through this recipe.  

When I make this again...and there will be a next time,  I'll roll out the pastry a little longer side to side,  to make the roll a bit smaller in circumference.  These little pastries rose and rose.  Right over their muffin cups, and nearly onto the oven floor, had I not given them a turn half way.  I will say ma brioches took about 6 minutes longer than the recipe--about 26 minutes.  

Dig out your cutest black beret and make. these. now.






*The stuff I was murmuring made no sense to the g**gle translator thingie.  I knew my grammar was pretty bad, and now I'm also losing vocabulary, too.  So I apparently make up for it with gibberish.  At least no one has to smell of elderberries, oui?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment