Monday, July 8, 2013

うまい















I crocheted a cute little sushi  on Sunday...it looks almost good enough to eat, eh?


Hmmmm...


    
                   wha?


   

              
  
                                 It's a fish, too!



Fish to Sushi by Irene Kiss.  

I used quite a bit of stash yarn for this...old stash yarn at that.  The nori was made with Mountain Mohair in Balsam.  Rice in Caron's Simply Soft in White.  I improvised a dab of wasabi in Loops and Threads Impeccable in Grass.  So easy, just 5 sc in a magic ring, increase by sc 2 in every stitch, then sc 2 tog 5 times on the next round,  then finish off.  The fish was made with  Mom's old yarn...quite possibly some old *Zayre yarn in Tangerine, since I found an old yarn wrapper in the box.  Even from the little I could find on the 'net, it does seem to match up.  Not sure about the cream :)

Since it's not a toy for a child or pet, I felt pretty good about using some cute little buttons for eyes.  These are .25 inch flat buttons with little shanks. Sewn on, and some yarn wrapped around the shank to give it a nice finish.

Such a fun project!


No comments:

Post a Comment