Monday, July 15, 2013

Tasty...but mostly to kitties

Is it me, or does Boots look a bit perplexed?



I think she's having a difficult time choosing which sardine to kill and eat.  It took her a few minutes to decide.  It always does.  It's one of the most frustrating things about my mom's cat.  By the time she's decided whether she wants to play...I'm the one who lost interest.  LOL

She did come around, though.

Add caption

One whiff of the catnip and catmint from the garden that I stuffed those babies with and she was on. it.

I made this cute can of sardines using a free pattern from Lion Brand Yarn.  This one, actually.
Hmmm we need some better pics, no?

Aha!




This pattern was pretty easy, and fun.  Though as always, I had to do some tweaking. 

First the yarns...for the sardines, I used Caron Simply Soft in #9710 Country Blue.  Yarn Bee Soft Secret in Fog for the can.  I'm kinda used to the SS's splitty ways, but holy cow!  The Soft Secret was kind of a pain to work with.  Every time I make stuff from this ball, I like it less and less.

So for the tweaking business...

I made a different tail for the fishies.  I closed the tube by crocheting across through both layers (3 sts) and if I remember right,  ch 3, dc in the first st, slip st, and hdc, dc in the last st. Turn and ch 1, then sc x2, sl st, sc 2. Finish off.

I'm not the biggest fan of sewing up, so I made the can seamlessly by crocheting the bottom, like the pattern, picking up and sc around the bottom.  Again, just like the pattern.  Then, instead of finishing off, I just sc back and forth, picking up the adjacent edge and crocheting it with the last, or st on every row until I was satisfied with the length.  Then just back and forth until it was the same length as the bottom.


Oh yeah.  That's one happy cat.




No comments:

Post a Comment