Tuesday, July 2, 2013

For Mom

I made a little pincushion for Mom on her day back in May...I really am catching up now, aren't I?

Sometimes it's hard to know what to do with all those pins as you're carefully ticking along at the sewing machine...it seems a pincushion is never handy.  Well not any more:



These are so cute and fun to make!  Look here for the tut!

Mom was especially glad I made it since she's been working on a quilt...wanna see?


And a close up of one of the blocks :


It's from an issue of American Patchwork and Quilting :



I tried to make her a swanky cake a la Nigella Lawson :


'Fraid that wasn't successful at all.  Oh it's pretty...but the meringues didn't hold up at all.  I think it would have been better for this cook to just have baked meringue discs separately from the sponge.

It is the thought that counted, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment